WHAT SELLS & WHAT DO Buyers PREFER TO SEE?
There are a few basic rules - I also suggest my client/sellers try & do some of the following:
1. Use shades of white. White makes everything feel new, clean and just might even make a room look larger.
2. Make a great first impression! Time-wise, you have all of 8 seconds to make a great first impression on house guests. Painting the front door an unexpected color sends the message that the home is well cared for.
3. Call the window washers for inside & out and put the screens in the garage.
4. Use fresh orchids to liven up a room - Home Depot sells them at very reasonable prices.
5. Remove all personal pictures. Potential Buyers can’t imagine themselves living in your home if it’s full of people they don't know.
6. Try using large mirrors. Mirrors bring in more light & provide great visual depth. I once lent a client my huge circular mirror for over their dining room buffet. It really did the trick & looked great in pictures.
7. Curb Appeal - make sure your front door entrance area is inviting, exterior lights work, real flowers in the pots. The client tends to look around as the Realtor spends time opening up the key box.
Call a pro! Carol has helped clients stage their home with their things, since the mid-90's.
If you are thinking of selling, contact "CarolBest @ me.com" for a private no-pressure consultation. Or if you prefer, call/text to: 773-799-5939
posted by Carol Best